The Mermaid's Pendant is the item in Stardew Valley that lets the player's character marry one of the bachelors/bachelorettes in the game.
Acquiring the Mermaid's Pendant
To acquire the Mermaid's Pendant the player will need to go through some additional steps in order for it to become available. The first step requires the player to raise a character's relationship level to ten hearts. The second step is that the player must give the marriage candidate a Bouquet of Flowers in order to establish that they're in a committed relationship with them. Following that, that the player will receive a letter from Lewis telling them that if they wish to marry, they should seek out the Mermaid's Pendant. The fourth and final step comes in four parts:
- Player must have upgraded their house at least once.
- It has to be raining out.
- Player needs 5,000 gold minimum to purchase the Pendant.
- Player repaired the bridge by the Beach for Wood (300)
Once all of those steps have been completed, the player will be able to purchase the pendant from the Old Mariner following the next available rainy day. It costs 5,000g to buy. The pendant will rest in the player's inventory until he or she is ready to propose. Once given to the person of the player's choice, they will happily prepare the wedding for which will take place three days later.
- It is impossible to receive the Mermaid's Pendant in Winter, as it does not rain for the entirety of the season.
- Divorce is available for 50'000g from a book in Lewis's house. (update 1.1 )