Game Updates refer to the official updates to Stardew Valley by the game's developer, ConcernedApe. Some updates may be minor, such as fixing some bugs, while others update in-game content such as changing dialogue or adding new features.
Currently, the game is on the 1.1 build.
- Spouses now say unique dialogues during festivals (most of the time), rather than the generic handful of dialogues
- Spouse stands next to you at the Dance Of The Moonlight Jellies
- In-law dialogue... when you marry someone, their parents/relatives dialogues will change slightly to account for the change
- Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail now go to the saloon on Fridays after you marry them.
- Spouses won't leave on rainy days, unless they have to go to work.
- Fruit trees produce higher quality fruit as they age. (once per year, up to gold star)
- Fruit tree harvesting now involves shaking the tree to drop the fruit
- Lightning strikes now have a unique effect on fruit trees
- Lightning is more likely to strike trees and crops, but Lightning Rods now have a very good chance of intercepting lightning strikes (if they aren't already processing a lightning bolt)
- Charcoal Kiln now requires 10 wood to produce 1 coal, down from 20
- Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay
- Added another digit to the shipping menu money counters.
- Dying in mines is less harsh: money lost caps at 5000g, rate of item loss reduced, can't lose rings or the
- Your assigned movement keys are now used within Journey Of The Prairie King
- You can now retrieve powerups and coins that drop on the edge of the map in Journey Of The Prairie King
- The last two hearts are now greyed-out for marriage candidates until you give them the bouquet
- Willy now likes most fish dishes
- Adventurer's Guild now sells monster slayer rewards after you've unlocked them (you still get the free reward)
- Hardware mouse cursor option
- Tools left in chests within farm buildings won't count as "missing"
- Poppy properly consumed in poppyseed muffin recipe
- Can no longer incorrectly "consume" trap bobbers (click to make them disappear with strange sound)
- Agriculturist profession no longer causes an extra 25% growth rate when speed-gro isn't present. Speed increase effects should now properly apply to very slow-growing crops.
- Fixed sunflower seed price at JojaMart
- Chests should no longer appear on top of you in bed after upgrading your house.
- Item placement with the gamepad improved, and there is now an option to show an item placement indicator
- Snow yams shouldn't appear in the desert anymore
- Sea Cucumber should properly appear in the fishing tab of the Shipping menu
- Farm animals should no longer get stuck on fences placed directly to the right of the barn door.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Minor changes/fixes to dialogue
- Added unique dialogues for all spouses.
- Spouses now leave the house on Mondays.
- Value of most animal products increased.
- Holly is now poisonous.
- Missing events problem shouldn't happen anymore.
- Minor bug/grammar/graphics fixes.
- Restored a "Lost" Shane event.
- Changed earthquake to Summer 3rd... to make it clear that it's the season change that kills crops.
- Increased opportunities for iridium.
- Added a zoom in/out feature to the options tab.
- Added volume sliders for ambient sounds and footstep sounds.
- Added snow transparency slider.
- Added option to turn off flash effects.
- Added lighting quality option.
- Leah's schedule has been fixed.
- Spouses who have jobs won't get stuck in the bus area anymore.
- Upgrading a house with crafted flooring should no longer cause a mess.
- Added quest (Rat Problem) to make it clearer that you have to investigate the Community Center.
- Only read if you've gotten to year 3:
- Restored more advanced NPC end-point behavior.
- "Secret" NPC's should no longer show up on calendar until you meet them.
- Escargot, chowder, etc. should now properly give fishing buff.
- You now truly cannot pass the bouncer
- You can no longer get stuck trying to board the bus.
- Fixed issue with invisible trees preventing interaction with tiles.
- Dead flowers no longer affect honey.
- You can now dance with your spouse at the Flower Dance.
- Game should now properly pause when steam overlay is active.
- Fixed issue where inactive window was still responding to input.
- Fixed fertilizer prices in Pierre's shop.
- Fixed Fector's Challenge.
- You can now press the toolbar shortcut keys (1,2,3, etc. by default) to change the active slot while the inventory menu is up.
- Iron ore nodes can no longer be removed, only destroyed.
- Dog should no longer sit on chests...
- Spouses less likely to run away into the dark abyss.
- Naming your child after an NPC should no longer cause issues.
- Fixed issue where recipes would sometimes consume more ingredients than they should.
- Fixed crashes in certain cutscenes, when certain dialogue options were chosen.
- Many small bug and typo fixes.
- Fixed weird rectangle lighting problem.
- Flooring can now be removed by bombs.
- You can press a "menu" button (Esc. or 'E' by default) to close out of yes/no dialogues
- If no other function is mapped to it, the 'Y' key will choose "yes" in a yes/no dialogue
- You can use the trigger buttons on a gamepad to navigate through the Community Center menu.
- Minor fixes.
- More secrets.
- Fixed disappearing item problem. (items can still be destroyed by farm debris)
- Kegs now require oak resin to craft.
- Bee Houses now require Maple Syrup to craft.
- Tortilla price changed from 75g to 50g.
- Nautilus Shell (artifact) renamed to Nautilus fossil.
- Added a randomize character button to the character creation screen.
- Robin now sells crafting recipes for "Wood Floor", "Stone Floor", and "Stepping Stone Path".
- Added a secret new way to modify a rare item.
- Increased grass growth rate.
- Increased forage spawn possibilities, and made it much less likely for forage to spawn behind trees.
- Reduced value of honey from 200g to 100g.
- Raised Clint's ore prices.
- Inventory menus now indicate which slot is the "active slot".
- Made the meteorite look snazzier.
- Fixed problem with swinging sword while riding horse.
- Fixed strange lighting behavior when holding torches.
- Fixed problem where stone fence was spawning debris.
- Spouse should no longer get stuck on their way to town.
- Wild seeds now produce the proper produce when in the greenhouse.
- Secret gift exchange should now work properly.
- All scarecrows now give reports on their crow-scaring activity.
- Bouncer is now truly impassable.
- Trees no longer grow directly in front of warp statues.
- Willy's shop no longer counts as water.
- The meteor should no longer appear in pond or buildings.
- If an object is ever directly underneath you, preventing you from moving, right click to remove it.
- Mariner and Luremaster professions should now work properly
- Tappers are now properly destroyed by bombs.
- Fixed bathing hairstyle inconsistency.
- Fixed various item duplication and stacking issues.
- Poppyseed Muffin now actually looks like a muffin.
- Quest items should no longer disappear when you die.
- You can no longer give quest items to the wrong person.
- The Skull Cave quest can no longer be completed before receiving the actual journal entry.